Tuesday, September 30, 2014

End of Days


So, another September comes to a close, as well as another BED(that is convenient)IS.  With an output of 23/30, or a yield of 77%, I did admittedly drop the ball this month.  Am I disappointed with myself?  Of course.  But am I upset?

Well.  Not really.

Does that make me irresponsible?  A quitter?  Too lofty a dreamer?  Perhaps.  But when I set a challenge for myself, it's meant to push me, not to be a low-hanging fruit.

Further (and now, I'm kind of just making excuses) there is one particularly big difference between this September and last.  I did stuff this year.  Last September largely featured me sitting on my couch, trying to decide what to write and faffing about on my tablet.  Here are some highlights of things that I did that I couldn't really find time and words to express on such short notice:


  • Visited a number of animal shelters on my never-ending quest for world-dog peace
  • Learned the bare basics of riding a motorcycle (and was reintroduced to just how short I am)
  • Lost my breath (no, really.  I literally lost the ability to breathe for 5 straight seconds.  Doesn't sound very long, but when it happens, it's terrifying)
  • Watched a class of talented young folk practicing Southern(?) Mantis
  • (Possibly) staved off a knife attack.  I am probably exaggerating this one in my head.  Probably.

I might try to come back to some of these when I have time to sit down and actually flesh out something worthwhile.  But, in the meantime, here are some things to expect in the near future.

  • Blog Action Day 2014 - this year's topic is Inequality.  I heartily encourage all my blogger friends to take part.
  • NaNoWriMo 2014 - I'm up in the air about if I'm going to go through with this, but as a challenge to myself, and proof that I am working on a book, I might publish my daily jottings either here or on another space.  If nothing else, I'll probably at least host a word count.
  • Higher EleVation - For those of you who don't know, I am a freelance fiction writer for a starting magazine run by a friend and former co-worker.  Feel free to check out the website here.  It's not very big so far, but I submit stuff to it, so hey.  

And now to console my battered ego in a pint of mango sorbet.

Always and until the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment