Friday, June 5, 2015

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Holy balls, what happened to me?

Well, first of all, I was robbed.


Hur hur hur.  Kidding.  Actually, I spent the better part of April getting ready to move out of drrrrty jersey into my new apartment.


You never realize just how much stuff you acquire over a three year period until you have to pack it all away.

You also never realize how much electricity means to you until your new electric company insists for at least 3 days straight that your power is on, but every time you flip a switch or open the refrigerator, the electrons are doing nada.

Anyway, the long and short of it is, I've been a bit busy.  Fear not, readers, I have returned, and I am bringing with me a small backlog of projects.  Unfortunately, I lost a few external hard drives and pictures during the move (relax, they're just buried somewhere, but I haven't taken the time to unpack them because who actually unpacks all their stuff within the first 2 months of moving?  <.<  >.>).  But, some entries will be coming along shortly, mostly because KB asked so nicely for them.  Everyone thank KB.

To hold you over until then, though, I will share a couple of photos of an event from this past weekend that I took part in.

So about 3 years ago, I shared this photo of three lovely ladies, just before one of them got hitched:

L-R:  Me, GK, and the crazy still-in-training vet

This year, it was someone else's turn to stand in the spotlight.  Hint: it wasn't me.

Dear SP, my almost-birthday-twin, life has been an interesting ride for you and me both.  From banging on violins with chopsticks while marching around in sparkly blue sequins to late nights studying for AP European History, never a dull moment.  Remember that time we both liked the same guy, later both dated said guy (at different times, people.  There was like a 2 and a half year gap), and then much later, both realized that he was a tool?  Good times.

When you asked me to be one of your bridesmaids, I was thrilled.  Late May wedding?  Awesome. Bridesmaid dress from ModCloth?  You know me so well.  Maybe do a little dance down the aisle? Hey, why not?

Just the rehearsal - sorry, couldn't find any photos of the actual mayhem

Oh, how naive I was.

Readers, I entreat you to watch this music video by the very talented Piano Guys.

You done?  Pretty spiffy, right?  Nice change to the usual monotony of Canon in D.

Guess who ska-skanked down the aisle to that jam.

***Edit 6.15:  FOUND PROOF.

SP had told me last year that she wanted Rockelbel's Canon as her processional and to have the bridal party flash mob down the aisle.  I thought she was either a.) kidding or b.) just considering it as an option.

It was neither of those things.  Also, I was possibly one of the few people in the party who was aware that this was the game plan.  So, imagine twelve lords and ladies showing up to this beautiful venue:


and being told, "Nope.  Not a drill folks.  Here's the choreography.  Let's do this biz."

Oh, yes.  There was choreography.  Nothing terribly intense, mind you, but impressively thought out, all the same.  The processional probably lasted all of five minutes, but they were some crazy minutes.  I really do not think I can impart upon you a real sense of how much energy we packed into those moments.  My god, I hope someone has video-recorded proof of this, because this might be the pinnacle of my performing career (psst - for the uninitiated, I am not a good dancer.)

Needless to say, I got to flex my creativity muscles for this weekend.  Not only did I have to shake my groove thing, but I helped with some slight alterations to the bridesmaid dress, as well as decorated this lovely getaway vehicle on the fly:


Props to KB for the "Just Married" sign.

Their recessional was "Kiss the Girl".  It doesn't get much more Disney than this, folks.

All in all, it was a very fun, very busy weekend.  For all my bellyaching, I really can't express how happy I am for the newlywed couple.

Congratulations, BR and S[P]R.  Many wishes for a wonderful life together.

Until the next.


P.S.  Your husband looks like Daredevil/Tristan Thorn.


***Professional photos by Kat/Eye Studios.  All others from Facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment