Thursday, December 1, 2011

Eighty Thousand Strong

If you think the above is a reference to my NaNo word count, you have too much faith in me (though thanks all the same!)  Unfortunately, I had to drop out of NaNo about a week in, due to actual things that I had to write taking over my life.

However, it IS in fact a word count, but for something completely different:


For those of you who pay attention to the little page tabs above, you should have some idea as to what that is.  Several years ago, I began work on my first serious novel.  Over Thanksgiving break, I made the final (hopefully) touches, and this week, I took it to the Espresso Book Machine at the campus bookstore and had it printed.  On real paper!!!

In other words:  HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE.

Well, ok, it's a bit of a cop-out, since I self-published.  My *real* dream would be for a legitimate publisher to accept my manuscript and for girls (and/or boys) everywhere to read and react.  Trying to grab a publisher's attention is a tough business (I've been trying since I was 16, believe me!)  Since I left for university, thoughts like that have been pushed way far out to the back, back, back burner.  In the future, I might pull on my big-girl boots and try again.  But for now, this will do just fine.  I only had so many made for my friends and family.  A limited first edition, you could say.

::Does a dance, and returns to the mill-wheel of engineering::

Until the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment