Thursday, December 29, 2011

Graduation, Holidays, and the Poetry Monster

I am gradu-ma-cated!!!

Well... OK, that's actually my award for finishing the co-op program, but I like it a lot better than my picture with the dean of the engineering school. Plus - I actually studied abroad with Dr. Shuman (pictured above, Associate Dean), and he is all around awesome. A man who buys you a Tsing Tao is always A-OK in my book.

It is still very surreal being out of school, especially since I didn't do the whole cap and gown shindig (our uni doesn't do a formal December graduation... we have to come back in May if we want the pomp and circumstance). But here I am, all requirements fulfilled, graduating with honors, and prepping to take on my new job in the next few months. Phew!

Anywho, it is the holiday season. I spent Christmas with the parents, which was relaxing (and that is all that will be said about that front :P ). Currently up in the Big Apple with Cindy and loving every moment. Obviously, haven't been very crafty in any sense, what with finals and getting ready to move out of my apartment, but now that an infinitely large chunk of time has been freed up for me, I should start being able to write more or... something.

Well, to tide you over, I'll leave you with a little something I whipped up a long while back. I wouldn't have thought to do this, but I showed it to C, and she posted it to every byte of web space that she calls her own.

Most of you should realize by now that I am a horrible human being. Still, I feel the need to preface the following link with a full reminder that I have issues:

Just Another Effing Day

^^^My sister's blog, with a guest piece done by me. I try not to be too apologetic because no one sympathizes with dirty fence sitters, but I do want to mention that:

1 - I wrote that in sophomore of university for a creative writing class, so hyperbole abounds
2 - It's not quite the way I feel about those situations now. The purpose was to go back and describe my thoughts at the time of occurrence, so those were me from ages 16-19.

So, yeah. Sorry and all that. But it is still f'ing funny, so learn to laugh a little.

Happy Holidays.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on graduating Victoria! What company are you going to be working for, and where? Are you permanently leaving Pittsburgh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have an offer w/ DuPont. Haven't gotten my location yet, so I'll be anywhere from Delaware to Texas, mostly on the Eastern seaboard - no Pittsburgh locations :(

    ReplyDelete