Monday, September 7, 2015

Maineventure Part 5: Land Ho!


Our last full day of our trip, C and W wanted to spend a little time with us.  We had already done the hiking thing, and I was hoping to be a bit of a passive tourist, so the four of us decided on a "cruise" around the islands to the southeast of Mt. Desert.

More boats!



I definitely got my wish.  Our harbor cruise on the Sea Princess was very relaxed, and gave us a chance to get some shots of the island, some of the crazy summer homes, and the horizon stretching out across the ocean.

In the spirit of that - photo dump day!







And my favorite part of the cruise - seals!!!




Bonus irrelevant picture - three strolling ladies:


And so with that, our Maine trip came to a close.  The next morning, DG and I packed up the Baby TARDIS, said our farewells, and made the trip back down to the Mid Atlantic (all 10+ hours.  Igh.)

Maine was a new experience for me in many ways.  I was not the outdoors type growing up, not for lack of interest, but for lack of opportunity.  My dearth has now been made up for in great recompense.

I forgot to mention this in my first post, but the night that DG arrived at the house, as we unpacked the car, out of nowhere, DG grabbed by shoulder and told me to look up. The sky was a silky black canvas, painted with a million brilliant white stars, more than I had ever seen at once in my entire life.  It took my breath away.

I do wish that I had had a little more time, or maybe even a little less that I wanted to do, but as far as my short list of vacations go, it was wonderful.

Thanks for reading.

Until the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment